In most countries, video content production and distribution have also, until recently, largely been overseen . If not outright controlled — by an army of censors and reams of regulations and standards.
But the explosion of ecommerce video trends in recent years has been immense. Which has been made possible by miniature HD video cameras embedded in handheld, mobile smartphones. With flash drives and cloud-based storage capable of housing gigabytes of raw video files. And ultra-fast WiFi and 4G signals. The power of video storytelling has quickly moved into the hands of anyone old enough to hold a video camera or smartphone.
And today’s video creators can instantaneously share their productions with a global audience targeted by almost every online store builder. Bypassing the traditional gatekeepers that used to exercise yes-no power over all video content.
As video production and sharing proliferates, ecommerce video trends will consume a larger and larger share of internet traffic. So large, in fact, that one forecast says that 74% of all Internet traffic in 2017 will be video.
It’s an exciting time for video content creators and consumers, and the next few years hold the potential for major new developments in the technologies that power online video, as well as the content that is being created and shared.
There is no doubt that content marketing is becoming increasingly more visual and has helped to boost sign-ups in ecommerce sites. When you consider the fact that this past was largely dominated by video, it should come as no surprise that the popularity of video will continue to rise in 2017.
Here are 4 important video trends in ecommerce that will be huge factors in 2017:
Live video streaming is reaching an inflection point and is likely to take-off in 2017. Streaming video apps have given the power of ecommerce video storytelling to the hands of anyone who can operate a smartphone. The high level of viewer engagement that it generates has given rise in mobile SEO for ecommerce. What else you can benefit?
- Daily check-ins and updates, sharing every day’s new, useful tip that’s related to your product or service.
- Along with Facebook Live, Periscope will continue to be a major live-streaming platform in 2017, as will Snapchat.
- You can get creative and use them for product sneak peeks, demonstrations, Q&A sessions etc.
Key Takeaways: Video, despite being so prevalent on the internet, is still a very under-utilized component of most ecommerce businesses. Given how affordable high-definition video cameras are at this point, and the fact that almost everyone has a very capable smartphone with HD camera, means that there is really no excuse for not considering how video can be used for your business.
Ecommerce Email Marketing Videos
Just think about it: how many emails are left unopened in your personal and your professional inbox weekly? It has also been regarded as one of the pitfalls of ecommerce. Video is an unbeatable way to get your message across. And in turn, email is a great way to get your video in front of a lot of relevant viewers – who are basically the people in your emailing list. Here’s all what you can do:
- You could send great content to prospects through an entertaining video or include punchy short videos in your newsletter.
- Brands will slowly replace it with engaging videos that encourage recipients to interact with the brand.
- Incorporating video links can increase email’s CTR and open rate.
- Focus on creating a quality video no longer than 3 or 4 minutes and host it on Youtube to increase shareability and visibility.
Key Takeaways: Expect video content and email to increasingly meld together in 2017. Email audiences appreciate video because it’s concise, convenient and interesting – if done right. To ensure the use of video in your email marketing is met with success.
Storytelling has always been a part of how we communicate, and 2017 will only see more and more of it. Telling stories through video is a highly-effective way and one of the latest innovations in ecommerce . When done right, stories convey relatable information that evokes emotion and creates a memorable experience. Storytelling gives your brand a wider reach:
- Builds excitement, nurtures relationships, and motivates your audience.
- A truly effective way is to produce video testimonials and customer case studies.
- You can also use it to feature your employees, provide quick tips for your audience, and even interview industry influencers.
- YouTube and Snapchat are both big players here, with Snapchat catering specifically to mobile users
Key Takeaways: More and more people opt for watching videos instead of reading blog posts. Brands that want to connect with their target audience should take advantage of this and produce content that builds brand awareness, shares their message, and otherwise engages their customer base. A video is an excellent way to showcase your product or to promote your services. If you’re serious about your marketing, consider repurposing your existing content into video to capitalize on this trend.
Social Media Video Content
Text posts are no longer effective at reaching your audience because of how cluttered social media has become. What’s working better than ever are short and impactful pieces of video content. Because of this consumers need to be creative in 2017 with how to create the most impactful social media video content. If you use Twitter on a regular basis, their use varies depending on the context of the shared message.
- The predominant use of animated GIFS and short videos – perfect medium for telling stories in a short timeframe.
- Serve a great purpose for conveying emotions, humor, latest trends, and progressive stories.
- Although they have been around since the dawn of the Internet, sites like Tumblr gave rise to their popularity.
- Some brands have even accepted them as part of their brand culture. And use them on a regular basis to connect with their audience.
- An added trend that you’ll see continue in 2017 are subtitles on social media videos to reach a broader audience.
Key Takeaways: To keep up with this trend in 2017, spend time creating highly targeted content that targets unique sub-groups of your overall target audience. These trends can also be regarded as the modern supply options for online store. This will be more effective in the long run at helping you increase video marketing conversions.
Video Galleries Will Take Product Pages To Another Level
Demonstrating a product’s capabilities works especially well if your products capabilities are superior to other similar products. Although it may be easy to write out a products technical specifications, these details can easily be lost on a customer with no reference point.
- Instructional and tutorial videos – use video to teach or instruct customers. This method works well if you have more technical products or products that require installation.
- another way to help translate technical or more difficult to understand information into an easy to digest format.
- Using video to help visitors with product selection is another way to increase conversion rate – also tend to help lower your return rate as well.
- Use videos to provide your visitors and customers with additional value. Added value is relatively inexpensive and an easy way to compete.
Key Takeaways: Maybe the best starting place is a simple video of your product. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy. Video will allow people to better understand the product, its size, shape, texture and features.